The Cesenatico lighthouse rises at the end of the Porto Canale. The lighthouse has been there since 1892 when it illuminated the ancient fortifications placed in defense of the port.
The house of the lighthouse is typically square in shape flanked by a cylindrical white tower about 18 meters high that at its top frames the lantern, surrounded by a circular balcony visible from the outside.
The yellow plaster of the lighthouse, the subject of a recent recovery, in the most difficult hours of the day blends with the colors of the sky.
The main building of the lighthouse was inhabited by the surveillance officer, now home to the Coast Guard Bureau.